Sunday, August 31, 2008
Banana Split Cupcakes
Banana Split Cupcakes


When I first found out that we were evacuating my college campus due to hurricane Gustav, I was quite upset, but the thought of home (and all of my baking supplies) was a bit of a comfort.
I knew I had to make something good because I don't know how long it will be before I can bake again, so... after flipping through my various cupcake books and stalking my favorite cupcake blogs, I stumbled across How to Eat a Cupcake's recipe for Banana Split Cake.
Perfect!

The cake was moist and dense, and utterly delicious! Paired with fluffy whipped cream frosting and chocolate syrup, this was a hit with everybody in my household.

Hummingbird Cake III 
Allrecipes.com

Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil 
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained 
1 cup chopped pecans 
2 cups diced bananas
and I added 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries as well

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line muffing pan with cupcake liners.
Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add eggs and oil; stir until moistened. Do not beat. Stir in bananas, 2 teaspoons vanilla, pineapple, and pecans walnuts (and cherries if using).
Bake for about 26 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from muffin pan and cool completely on wire rack.


Whipped Cream Frosting
joyofbaking.com

Ingredients:
1 cup (236 ml) heavy whipping cream that is ultra pasteurized
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon (14 grams) granulated white sugar

Directions:
In a large mixing bowl place the whipping cream, vanilla extract, and sugar and stir to combine. Cover and chill the bowl and beaters in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. When chilled, beat the mixture until stiff peaks form.


posted by Chamberlaine Beard at 11:04 PM -
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
About Me
Name: Chamberlaine Beard
Home:
About Me:
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Cupcake Links
Random Links
Credits
  • Mumblyjoe Photography

  • Background by EM